- Dr. David Allensen D.C, B.SC (Hons.)
- Greg Heikoop P.T., D.P.T.
- Farnaz Rostami P.T., B.Sc.
- Amy Carere D.P.T. , BSc. Kin
- Melissa Hay, P.T., B.Sc., M.P.T., Ph.D.
- Ken Roche RMT
- Valerie Bieth RMT
- Marielle Baer RMT, B.HSc.
- Kate Hahn RMT
- Dr. Marin Duke
- Lyndsay Grundy PTA
- Donna Taylor D.O.M.P.
- Support Staff
- Media Gallery
- Health Blog
- Fees and Forms
Waterloo Naturopathic Medicine
We take an alternative approach through naturopathic medicine, diagnosis and treatment options to promote self-healing and in natural ways at our Waterloo Rehab Centre.
Naturopathic Doctors are trained in the science and art of both conventional and alternative medicines. The primary difference between Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) and Medical Doctors (MDs) is the philosophy behind treatment. A Naturopathic Doctor will treat the root cause of the illness and focus on prevention methods, as opposed to the Medical Doctor’s approach of suppressing disease symptoms.
Naturopathic Doctors believe that if given the proper circumstances, the human body has an innate ability to heal itself. To achieve these circumstances, Naturopathic Doctors integrate standard medical diagnostics and implement a broad range of natural therapies (such as herbal medicines or nutrition) as opposed to pharmaceutical drugs. Furthermore, Naturopathic Medicine understands that each individual is unique and, therefore, each treatment plan should be tailored to that patient and their individual health concerns. What may work for one patient, may not work the same for another.
Every licensed and registered Naturopathic Doctor has graduated from an accredited Naturopathic College, completed a minimum of 7 years of post-graduate education, completed a multi-step licensing exam process, and maintains good standing by continually performing education credits.
Patients turn to Naturopathic Medicine as a complementary system to the clinical health care they receive, or as a means of alternative treatment for their condition. Here are just some of the reasons patients turn to Naturopathic Treatments in Waterloo:
- Relief of chronic fatigue
- Chronic pain management and prevention
- Sleeping disorders and Sleep Apnea
- For management of digestive disorders including Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Chron’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Management of Psychiatric disorders including anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, and sexual dysfunction
- Relief from Migraines and headaches
- Treatment of Respiratory problems
- Management of Fibromyalgia and Multiple Sclerosis
- Management of Type II Diabetes and Blood Pressure
Meet Dr. Colin O’Brien, Absolute Rehab Centre’s Recommended Naturopathic Doctor in Waterloo
When patients need Naturopathic Medicine, we recommend them to Dr. Colin O’Brien. Dr. Colin O’Brien is a Waterloo Naturopathic Doctor and has been the recommended resource for Absolute Rehab Centre’s patients. He offers a variety of Naturopathic treatments including Acupuncture, Lifestyle Coaching, and Vitamin B12 injections. For more information, please refer to Dr. Colin O’Brien’s website: https://www.drcolinobrien.ca/