- Dr. David Allensen D.C, B.SC (Hons.)
- Greg Heikoop P.T., D.P.T.
- Farnaz Rostami P.T., B.Sc.
- Amy Carere D.P.T. , BSc. Kin
- Melissa Hay, P.T., B.Sc., M.P.T., Ph.D.
- Ken Roche RMT
- Valerie Bieth RMT
- Marielle Baer RMT, B.HSc.
- Kate Hahn RMT
- Dr. Marin Duke
- Lyndsay Grundy PTA
- Donna Taylor D.O.M.P.
- Support Staff
- Media Gallery
- Health Blog
- Fees and Forms
Orthotics are designed to help support the feet, ankles, knees and legs and reduce lower body pain. Help support and stabilize your body through custom Orthotics in Waterloo.
Custom Orthotics are not only an investment in your feet, but an investment in your legs, hips, back and overall posture. Orthotics are special insoles created, usually by a Chiropractor or a Podiatrist, to place in shoes to provide the foot with better support. Orthotics can be made from a few different materials, however, polypropylene (a type of plastic) is the common choice to make Rigid Orthotics. Rigid Orthotics are made of firm plastic to give closer and more stable support for the foot, ankle and leg
Because each Orthotic is created specifically for each patient, the pain relief and postural alignment produces better results in comparison to over-the-counter solutions. Orthotics can also be made for specific pairs of shoes, which means that your preferred choice of footwear can have the support you need.
How Do I Get Fitted For Orthotics in Waterloo?
At Absolute Rehab Centre, patients are fitted for Orthotics during their initial appointment. During this appointment, our Chiropractor, Dr. Allensen, will examine how the patient’s foot is structured, and their body alignment and movements. Body mass, activity levels, and a patient’s posture is important to note when creating Orthotics because it determines what area of the foot will need the most support. Dr. Allensen will take foot molds from a patient in both a neutral position and a sitting position to get the best Orthotic for the patient. Any modifications to the Orthotic can be made for the best results possible.
Here are just some of the reasons patients choose to get Orthotics in Waterloo:
- Helps with foot pain caused by pronated (turned in) feet
- Creates a supported arch for those who have flat feet
- Helps to alleviate knee pain and lower back pain
- Provides extra support for athletes who need more stability in their feet
- Helps with balance problems that affect the feet and legs
- Supports the alignment of the spine for those who have Scoliosis
- Management of foot problems, like Bunions
As your child’s feet grow you may find yourself on a few shopping trips for shoes. During the developmental stages, you may also find that your child has a few foot and leg related issues such as flat feet, trouble balancing, knee pain, lower back pain and leg pain. At Absolute Rehab, we know that it’s not uncommon for children to need over-the-counter orthotics, or more advisably, custom orthotics, to help when these problems arise.